Hey there, lovelies!
For today’s post I’m going to take you through the necessities I use to create intense, highly effective workouts that you can do at home, in the gym, or anywhere you like!
I also want to announce that I have recently obtained my CPT and will now be offering online coaching! Feel free to contact me for a customized workout plan designed specifically for your body, your time, and your goals.
A huge passion of mine is sharing with others how they can workout intensely, effectively, and efficiently from home. There’s no need for an expensive gym membership in order to achieve your goals! I purchased all of these things on Amazon and they were all super affordable, most only cost 10-20 bucks! 🙂 Here are the things I use in my workouts:
- Ankle Weights: Ankle Weights are a great way to help tone your muscles and can be used in countless exercises. I like to wear 5 lb. ones when doing jump squats, donkey kicks, lunge jumps, step-ups, and more! You’ll definitely feel the burn with that added weight, even though it may not seem like much.
- Resistance Bands: I could talk about all of the awesome ways you can use resistance bands all day long. I use them for almost every exercise I do! You can wear them around your thighs during squats and squat jumps, place them around the ankles during donkey kicks and heel presses, place them around the wrists for arm toning… seriously, name any exercise and you can probably find a way to add resistance bands to it for that extra burn.
- Jump Rope: Jumping rope can be a great way to get some cardio in when you don’t have access to a treadmill. I actually much prefer body weight exercises and things like jumping rope to running any day. The fat burn and muscle toning potential is fabulous, not to mention how efficient body weight exercises are.
- Foam Roller: Foam rolling is just the best. It gets your blood flowing, loosens things up, and even can help with cellulite (what girl doesn’t want that?!). I like to foam roll for a few minutes after each workout.
- Sliders: Sliders can open up a whole new world of possibilities for your workout routine. Using them during planks, mountain climbers, and alligator crawls can be great ways to strengthen your core and arms. My personal favorite is using them for hamstring curls… your hamstrings and booty will be on fire!
- Ab Roller: When you use an ab roller you will feel the burn in those abs, no doubt about it! However, I do caution you to make sure you have proper form when practicing these. It can be easy to compensate using your back muscles which can lead to injury.
- Dumbells: I only recently started incorporating dumbbells into my workouts. I’m a huge fan of using pushups and plank variations to tone my arms and back. But I’m really enjoying using dumbbells now too! I mainly focus on using them for arm and back strengthening exercises, but these are another super versatile bit of equipment to mix into your routine. You can use them for lots of different exercises, including star crunches, squats, deadlifts, and tons more!
So there you have it! Again, these pieces of equipment are super affordable, easy to store, and last ages. I built up my little collection over time and so can you! I would recommend starting with getting a set of resistance bands (mine are from Fit Simplify) since they’re so incredibly useful.
I hope you all have found this useful and are feeling motivated to add some of them to your workouts. Again, feel free to contact me if you’re interested in starting your own healthy and fit lifestyle with a personal coach by your side every step of the way! ❤